Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Graduation Cake Ideas

With graduation quickly approaching, I thought I'd show some photos of previous cakes that I have done. The first are your more traditional sheet cakes. I like to add fondant flowers and diplomas. Two of them feature an edible image.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

The following graduation cakes are not based on school colors, but the theme of the party or likes of the graduate. These really make the centerpiece of the graduation and are really a fun addition. You might also like to incorporate your child's activities or interests into the cake.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
For ordering information, please visit my website. Hurry, spots are filling up fast!

2 comments:

  1. I love the bright colors on some of those cakes. So much fun and creativity! I'm glad I found your site and an option for beautiful cakes out here in the midwest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. know this might sound a bit old fashioned but the idea of including the children in making the cake appeals to me. It appeals to me because it is part of the Montessori way of thinking where the needs of the child are always paramount and everyone believes that you can achieve a great deal of personal happiness when you let your child to grow into a happy person. Toddler and other preschool children can be somewhat chaotic in their approach to cooking but this does not stop them from enjoying the process.

    There is the mess to consider but you should be aware that this is done well in advance and you can afford to have a bit of mess if it means that your children can fully participate in their preschool graduation ceremonies. You might find that they enjoy the cake more, in the knowledge that they helped to create it. In other words, this is their work and they will want to share it with their guests at the party.

    ReplyDelete