Saturday, October 10, 2009

Whew!

So glad this one is done. I booked this wedding over a year ago in Omaha. At the time it was only a 45 minute trip. Today it was a 3 1/2 hour trip one way, on the coldest and ickiest day so far this year. I'd been dreading the trip for some time. But I made it with no mishaps. Done and delivered. Yay. Yay! Yayyy!!!  I was even pretty happy with the outcome. There were a few things, of course, that I would have liked to improve upon. But everything overall was great. I even managed to successfully carry the entire 4-tiered brides cake up to the second floor. You would think that a hotel as nice as the Paxton would have a cart.



This was the grooms cake. So fun! It took about 8 hours.




Brides cake. It had a lot going on as per brides request. As long as she's happy... I'm happy! One thing I did differently this time was to line both of the cake boards with fondant. It took a little more time but gave it a much nicer, more finished look.

After no sleep and the long drive, well, I guess I'm so happy to be done that I don't feel completely worn out!

3 comments:

  1. Cheryl! Those are amazing. And you are a very, very noble person to fulfill that obligation after you moved. You spared those families panic attacks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you are too kind. Its funny that my mom, who isn't too computer literate somehow signed up for your comments and gets them in her email! Atleast she knows to go read something new I've blogged about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of the cakes! Great job.

    Kandi
    www.thebabysbundle.com

    ReplyDelete