Saturday, May 9, 2009

a few cakes from the week

This week was graduation for many high schools so I thought I'd post a few of the graduation cakes that I made. Congratulations to all of the graduates!


The first two aren't your conventional graduation cakes, but that is what I like the most, the unconventional!

I made two New York style cheesecakes, the first topped with caramel, toasted walnuts and ganache.


The second has a fresh strawberry puree with sliced strawberries. So refreshing!



Just a hint when making cheesecakes. Spring form pans are waayy over rated. You can bake a cheesecake in regular cake pans, any size you wish. I have made them in large sheet pans as well. As long as you cover the bottom with parchment and grease the sides they will slide right out. I run the bottom of the pan over a hot burner to ensure that it loosens well. These cheesecakes were baked in 3" high pans for greater height.





The following are your more traditional graduation cakes complete with fondant scroll and flowers. They also include edible images. (loving my edible image printer!) I was also touched to have customers drive 2 1/2 hours to get my cakes. Thank you!



















And, last but not least, a little birthday cake thrown in with the rest. Now time for me to rest!



My next blog will include some of my favorite baking tips. Stay tuned!






No comments:

Post a Comment